Celebrating 66 years of Ministry in East Pasadena!Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, Trinity Presbyterian Church peeks out of a park-like setting to remind all who pass the corner of Sierra Madre Boulevard and Hastings Ranch Drive that God's love and hope are alive and working in Pasadena. Perhaps that is most fitting as it all began in a park.Trinity was established in June of 1948 to serve a new, East Pasadena housing development, Hastings Ranch, which was just being built in what had previously been orchards and farmland. Its first meetings were held in the "Park House" in Sierra Madre and later in the Masonic Temple as the new congregation continued to grow. Its first Pastor, the Rev. Clarence Shakelford, began the congregation from the ground up by going door to door to introduce neighbors to the new church. Rev. Shakelford served until 1950 when he was called to active service as a U.S. Navy Chaplain during the Korean war. Trinity continued to grow under the guidance of the Rev. Donald Ostrander. The congregation purchased property from the Christian Brothers (LaSalle High School) in order to build a church building and during construction worshiped at the Women's Club in Sierra Madre. The building was first occupied in 1952. Members of the church participated in its construction. The church continues to depend on its members to maintain the beautiful grounds around the church -- some of the only remaining "green space" in East Pasadena.Over the years Trinity has reached out to the community in many different ways. Since 1952, Trinity has shared its space with the Hastings Ranch Nursery School. The facility was in fact intentionally designed to house the school. In the early 1980's, the church partnered with Fuller Theological Seminary to become the home of the Community Assistance Program for Seniors (CAPS), a daycare center for seniors with Alheimer's disease and other related memory impairment disorders. CAPS continues to serve the needs of the greater Pasadena area today. In the mid-1960's the church made a significant stand for social justice when it sold a home it owned in Upper Hastings Ranch to an African American family. In 1981, the congregation was one of the early churches in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) to take the then bold step of calling a woman, the Rev. Barbara Stout to be the pastor. In 1996, Rev. Stout retired and the church shortly thereafter called the Rev. Cynthia Crowell. Rev. Crowell has served as the pastor of Trinity Church since 1998.